Name Dr. B.K. Upadhyay
- Designation Sr. Consultant - Nephrology & Transplant Medicine
- Specialist Nephrology & Transplant Medicine
- Dr B K Upadhyay, Associate Director, Nephrology and Kidney Transplant Medicine, has received training in Nephrology at one of the best Institutes of the country (AIIMS,New Delhi) and SGPGI, Lucknow .His areas of expertise include kidney transplantation (including high risk ie blood group and HLA incompatible),chronic kidney disease and dialysis. Prior to this he was associated with Fortis Hospital,Faridabad. He also established the Nephrology department at Sarvodaya Hospital & Research centre Faridabad in 2009. With more than a decade of experience,he has been involved in more than 200 transplants.Handling all patients from pediatric to geriatric age group independently, critical care nephrology, and Kidney transplant. Delivered guest lectures in IMA meetings as well as physician & diabetic forums. He believes in practicing the science of medicine like an art, with a human touch.Regularly attend scientific conferences & workshops for updation
- MD (Medicine)
- DM (Nephrology), AIIMS, New Delh
- Extensive experience of 15 years+ with proven track record in hospitals including, AIIMS (New Delhi) ,SGPGIMS ( Lucknow), Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital (New Delhi)
- Expert in providing services to OPD, in-patient and ICU (medical & surgical)
- Haemodialysis unit – regularly doing HD on OPD basis, SLED,CRRT and Plasmapheresis
- Kidney biopsy of both native and transplanted kidney
- Follows CAPD and kidney transplant patients
- Consultant, Nephrology for 6 years at Sarvodaya Hospital & Research Centres, Faridabad, Fortis hospital, Faridabad.
- Kidney Transplantation
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- AKI – Acute Kidney Injur
- Upadhyay BK, Khaira A, Sharma A, Mahajan S, Dinda AK, Agarwal SK.“Transient IgA Nephropathy caused by Dengue fever. SJKDT Jan 2010”
- Khaira A, Upadhyay BK, Sharma A, Das P, Makahariya G, Mahajan S, Dinda AK, Agarwal SK, Tiwari SC.“
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis associated with Hepatitis B virus infection: Report of two cases and review of literature” (Journal, Clinical & Experimental Nephrology) March 2009.
- Letter to Editor, “Chronic Diarrhea caused by Hymenolepis Nana in a renal transplant recipient”(Journal,Clinical&Experimental Nephrology)National Journals
- “Visual evoked responses in Neurotuberculosis”A.K. Thakkar, SC Jaiswal, B.K Upadhyay, A. Kankane. Annuals of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2002, Vol 5, 153-157.
- “Cerebral Venous Thrombosis: An overview”AK Thakkar, A.K Kankane, B.K Upadhyay. JIMI, Vol 5. No 2, 2002, 74-78. Chapter in Book (Medicine Update) Hyperlipidemia- A Clinico Therapeutic Approach Pranesh Nigam, B.K Upadhyay, A. Kankane. R. Chaudhary, S.P Saxena.Medicine Update, APICON 2002, Vol 12, Chap 34, Page, 222-229.
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Delhi Nephrology Society
- Indian society of organ transplantation
- Mon to Sat: 10:00 am to 04:00 pm