- MBBS – University College of Medical Science, New Delhi – 1989
- M.D. (Medicine) – Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi – 1994
- MRCP (PART-I) – Royal College of Physicians, London – 1994
- D.N.B. (Medicine) – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi – 1996
- D.M. (Nephrology) – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi – 1998
- MBBS: One Year rotatory internship at UCMS, G.T.B. Hospital, New Delhi with exposure to various broad clinical specialties and active participation in various community based projects.
- M.D. (Medicine): Three year intensive postgraduate training at LNJPN Hospital, a 1000 bedded specialty hospital and G.B. Pant Hospital, a 500-bedded super specialty hospital. Exposure to various subspecialties including, Neurology, Nephrology,
Gastroenterology, Pulmonary medicine besides proficiency in care of outdoor and
- D.M. (Nephrology): 2 Year training at AIIMS New Delhi, a Premier institute & tertiary care center. Wide exposure to care of outdoor and indoor patients. Experience in various modalities of Dialysis and experience in workup and subsequent care of Renal
- Senior Consultant & Head of Transplant Division at Max Healthcare SuperSpecialty Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi – a 350 bedded tertiary care hospital since December 2014. Developed critical care nephrology and started renal transplant programme, including live related transplant, ABO incompatible transplant, HLA sensitized transplant and multi organ cadaver transplant programme.
POST D.M. EXPERIENCE-(21 YEARS)
- 7 years as Chief Nephrologist at Max hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi-350 bedded tertiary care hospital. Started Renal transplant Programme.
- 4 years as Chief Nephrologist at Meenakshi Hospital, Tamil Nadu, 250 bedded super-specialty Hospital with Renal Transplant Programme . Started State of Art Nephrology department with 18 bedded dialysis unit. Started Renal Transplant Programme including live related programme and active Cadaver Transplant Programme.
- 3 years as senior consultant at Venkateshwar Super Speciality Hospital, Dwarka , New Delhi. Started Renal Transplant Programme.
- 3 years as senior consultant at BLK Super-Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road New Delhi – 500 bedded Tertiary care hospital with renal transplant programme.
- 3 year as consultant at Batra Hospital & Medical research Centre-700 bedded superspeciality hospital with DNB training programme and active renal transplant programme
- 3 Years as Senior Consultant at Jaipur Golden Hospital -300 bedded specialty and superspeciality hospital, with renal transplant programme.
- 3 Years as consultant Nephrologist at Kalra Hospital-100 bedded specialty
& superspeciality hospital.
- Clinical Nephrology – Including managing large dialysis Unit with creation of
Vascular Access, long term management of chronic Dialysis Population. Running
CAPD Programme. For home Management of Peritoneal Dialysis patients,
including use of Cycler for Automated Peritoneal Dialysis. Organizing Renal
Transplant Programme with focus on Live Related Donors, Cadaveric Transplant
- Academic Activities – Regular CME” Programmes, Training of Staff Residents, Symposiums &Training Workshops in Clinical Nephrology &Renal Transplant
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Teaching faculty at Sharda University & associated Hospitals, Greater Noida.
- Teaching faculty at JAMIA HAMDARD UNIVERSITY & associated Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (HIMSAR), New Delhi.
- Active Participation in International CME & Trainining Programmes
conducted by ASN, EDTA etc.
- Active Participation in Zonal & National Conferences as guest faculty & speaker.
- Thesis Guide for DNB Candidates in Emergency Medicine.
- To Study histopathological correlates of Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome & its response to I/V pulse Cyclophosphamide, submitted to Delhi University in 1993.
- To study clinicopathological characteristics of adult onset MCD & its response to treatment, submitted to AIIMS in 1998.
- Postgraduate medicine review, by D. Jain, 2nd edition, 1995, CBS Publishers, Delhi.
- AllMS MD Entrance Examination, by M.S. Bhatia, D. Jain, 6th edition, 1998, CBS Publishers, Delhi.
- PGI Entrance Examination, by M.S. Bhatia, D. Jain, 6th edition, 1998, CBS
- Renal Artery Stenosis & FSGS in the contra lateral kidney_D. Bhowmik, S.C. Dash, D. Jain, S.C. Tiwari, A.K. Dinda, Nephrol Dial Transpiant (1998) 13. 1562-1564.
- Reduced CRI expression on RBC of idiopathic_FSGS patients. M.Arora, D.Jain, A.K. Dinda, S.N. Das, V. Anand, S.C. Tiwari, L.M. Srivastava, Nephron (1998) 79:365-366.
- Differential CRI Expression in idiopathic FSGS_M. Arora, D. Jain (in press).
SPECIAL AREAS OF INTEREST
- Critical care Nephrology
- Transplant Immunology
- Home Haemodialysis
- To develop state of art Nephrology ICU for critical patients.
- To further develop active Cadaveric Transplant Programme.
- To Start DNB Training Proramme in Nephrology.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Mon to Sat: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM